South Eastern Family Project
Newport News, VA
Expecting women only program, must be referred by local CSB.
Colonial Management Group
Colonial Management Group is private outpatient substance abuse treatment clinics that have been successfully treating opiate dependence since 1986, their Hagerstown location offers both Methadone and Suboxone treatment for opioid addiction.
Inova Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services (CATS)
Falls Church, VA
- Accepts pregnant women, commercial insurance (must call to inquire about your specific insurance provider).
- Counseling, case management, Methadone until delivery, then Suboxone.
- Cost for Inpatient detox is $6,000 up-front.
- Outpatient Day Treatment is $4,000 plus costs of medication (must call to inquire).
- Must call to inquire about a waiting list for this program.
Martinsburg Institute (Methadone Clinic)
- Must be accepting new applicants at the time of inquiry.
- Pregnant women accepted on case by case basis; MD must consult with the OB prior to acceptance.
- Group Counseling is available.
- Outpatient only. Methadone is administered between 5:30a-10a Mon-Fri. 6a-10a Saturdays and 8a-10a Sundays. MD is available on Mondays only.
- Intake fee is $125, which includes the cost of the medication for the first week. Medication is $14 per day after the first week.
- You must have a valid photo ID and you must be an opiate abuser for 1 year +
Prestera Center (Renaissance Place)
- Pregnant women and IV drug users have priority
- Must verify new patients are being accepted at the time of inquiry
- Long Term inpatient program, lasting 6 months-2 years
- WV MEDICAID ACCEPTED. Will consider other insurances if accepted
- Must detox before admission. There is an onsite detox center if there is a bed available
- Works with a local methadone clinic. Center will provide transportation to the methadone clinic
- Has 2 cottages for mothers with children ages 12 and under. One Cottage accepts mothers with 2 children; the other accepts mothers with 1 child
- Must complete referral form and provide copy of Birth Certificate and Social Security Card prior to acceptance to program
ARS ( Addiction Recovery System) Winchester
- Opening Summer 2014
- Accepts Pregnant women w opiate addiction
- Outpatient methadone, counseling offered
- Private pay. $100 consultation fee. Medication is $91 per month advance payment, or $14 per day.
- Call to see if program has openings
Dr. Shahnoor Khan (Martinsburg, WV)
- Will accept pregnant women
- Approx. wait time for first appointment is 3 weeks
- Offers Doctor visits and group counseling
- Takes some commercial insurance (Call to see if yours is accepted). DOES NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID
- If self-pay: $300 initial appointment, $200 per month. This does not include cost of medication or charges for Drug Screens
Behavioral Health Services at Shenandoah Community Health (304) 263-4999
- “Drug Free Moms & Babies Program”
- ACCEPTS WV MEDICAID and most Commercial Insurance (Does not take Cigna)
- If new patients are being accepted, it takes 3-5 weeks from time of referral to start of treatment (Does not offer detox)
- If Subutex is prescribed, it will take 3-5 weeks to start medication. However, this is not primarily a prescription treatment program
- Mandatory attendance for individual counseling, group therapy, AA/NA attendance and drug screening. (ALSO REQUIRES CORD TOX SCREENING AFTER DELIVERY OF INFANT)
- Offers a sliding fee scale based on household income
Winchester Addiction Services (Winchester, VA)
- Will accept pregnant women on case by case bases
- Accepts most commercial insurances and Medicare. DOES NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID
- Can typically see pt w/in one week of initial phone call
- Counseling 1-3x week/Suboxone tapering
- Must have ASAM screening performed by Winchester Addiction Services
- Self-pay: $50 Consultation, $150 initial MD visit, $95-100 follow up visits
East Ridge Treatment Center (Martinsburg,WV)
304-263-8954 (Ask for Melissa Lombardo)
- Must be accepting applications at the time of inquiry. Accepts pregnant women
- WV MEDICAID ACCEPTED
- Intensive Outpatient Program available once patient is detoxed and/or prescribed Suboxone
- Outpatient only and must have transportation
Phoenix Recovery Center (Edgewood, MD)
- Accepts pregnant women in 1st trimester w/ documentation from OB/GYN that pt is medically cleared for treatment
- Must check bed availability. If bed is available, can be in as quickly as 24 hours
- Suboxone 5-day treatment and detox
- Will take commercial insurance (must check to see if they will accept your specific insurance)
- Works well with Blue Cross, Signa. DOES NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID
- Inpatient 28 Day Program (price includes room and board)
- If self-pay, Price is $7200 (breaks down to $260 per day)
Harrison House (Annandale, VA)
- Accepts pregnant women, must be detoxed prior to admission
- Must check for bed availability. Men’s program tends to have longer wait list
- Must check to see if insurance is accepted. Will take BC (Care First, Anthem) United Behavioral Health, Etna and a few others. DOES NOT ACCEPT MEDICAID
- Offers Inpatient, Outpatient and Day Treatments
- 28 Day program cost is $260 per day…($7,280)
New Generations ADS (Fairfax County Residents Only)
703-383-8467 (ask for Sherry Bowman)
- Call to schedule assessment. Must go through detox program first. They can assist in arranging detox if you have not already completed a detox program
- Wait time varies depending on availability and admission screening
- Accepts Medicaid and offers a sliding fee scale for pregnant women and mothers.
- There is a women’s detox center on site
- This is a medication free treatment program. Offers inpatient and outpatient services.
Coleman Institute (Richmond, VA)
804-307-0818 or 804-353-1230
- Typically no wait list, accepts pregnant women after the first trimester
- 3-8 day Outpatient Medical Detox Program using Naltrexone injection
- Private Pay only. Cost ranges from $5000-$6000. Accepts most major credit cards. Insurance might reimburse some of the cost
- Required to have a companion stay with patient. This is an outpatient program, so most patients and companions stay in a nearby hotel at an additional cost (pending hotel rates)
- After-care coordinator will assist in locating resources close to home once detox is completed